James Hardie Siding in Chicago: Everything You Need to Know
If you’re looking at quality siding solutions for your home, chances are you’ve come across James Hardie’s name before.
James Hardie is the industry leader in fibre cement products and manufacturing—including quality residential siding solutions. For more than 130 years, this manufacturing giant has been in play around the world, with operations in Europe, Australasia, and North America.
James Hardie employs almost 5,000 people to develop, design, and manufacture their premium range of smart building and siding solutions—to the tune of over $2.5 billion annually.
When our clients partner with James Hardie Siding, they have an excellent opportunity to create a unique, durable home with ultimate curb appeal for decades to come.
About James Hardie Siding
James Hardie is a global leader in building product manufacturing, and fibre cement solutions.
Officially in its 132nd year in the manufacturing field, the James Hardie company was established in 1888. An enterprising young Scotsman left home and set sail for Australia. There, he built his first business from the ground up—an import company.
In 1903, Hardie came upon fibro-cement, a roofing solution made in France. Recognizing a good thing when he saw it, Hardie arranged to import fibro-cement to Australia. Alongside his friend and business partner—Andrew Reid—Hardie ensured that business was booming.
In the mid-1980s, the company—with Andrew Reid’s grandson at the helm—developed a new incarnation of the fibro-cement that made them famous. This asbestos-free fibre cement technology, which proved itself to be one of the most durable, resilient, versatile, cosmetically elegant building materials on the market, became known as fibre cement. This is the product that makes James Hardie Siding a household name.
Why Purchase James Hardie Siding in Chicago?
Homeowners don’t want to have to worry about how their siding is performing. You want peace of mind. You want reliability. You want to know that you’ve invested your money in the right building solution.
James Hardie siding gives you this level of peace of mind.
Whether you’re re-siding your home with fibre cement siding, or building a new home with it, James Hardie siding fibre cement products offer the strongest return on investment. In any major exterior renovation, James Hardie is the best choice for your exterior.
Experts in the residential and commercial construction fields also back fibre cement. In fact, up to 91% of building contractors recommend it to increase your home’s appraisal value.
You can’t surpass James Hardie fibre cement products for beauty and performance. And with unbeatable warranties and a comprehensive range of customizable solutions, why would you choose anyone else?
Your home’s siding is destined to take a beating. It’s exposed to the elements—rain, hail, sunshine, snow, wind, and UV rays—all day, every day, for decades at a time. When you add to this the worst-case scenarios: hurricanes, earthquakes, pest damage, and fire, it’s easy to see why you need durable siding.
James Hardie siding withstands the elements, and ages with grace. Their premium line of siding solutions won’t crack like vinyl, expand or warp like wood, and lasts longer than aluminum. It withstands the cold. It handles changes in moisture and humidity. It is, quite literally: Engineered for Climate®.
In fact, all James Hardie building solutions are Engineered for Climate®. No matter where you’re living, or what kind of hellish weather your area is prone to, James Hardie offers total peace of mind that your siding stands up to Mother Nature’s best.
James Hardie is still the leader in the fibre cement field. If you need assurance that you’re buying the best siding solutions for your home—trust the experts.
Why is James Hardie Siding So Expensive?
- James Hardie siding solutions start their life in a state of the art, globally-recognized manufacturing facility. This is a company that invests hundreds of millions of dollars into their technology, which means better products—better warranties—better results.
- James Hardie siding solutions come with the brand name attached—a brand that has performed exceptionally for over a century. If trust is important, James Hardie’s history speaks volumes.
- James Hardie facilities use strict quality control measures at every stage of development, manufacturing and production.
- James Hardie product warranties offer some of the most comprehensive terms and protections available in the building industry.
What Product Lines Does James Hardie Have?
The James Hardie brand offers five distinct siding solutions to deliver quality results for every home siding project. Whatever your budget, whatever your style, James Hardie siding has something that delivers what you need.
- HardiePlank Lap Siding
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding
- HardieShingle Siding
- The Aspyre Collection: Artisan Siding
- The Aspyre Collection: Reveal Siding
Every series of the James Hardie siding line uses different aesthetics and styling, with the same underlying premium materials.
HardiePlank Lap Siding
James Hardie’s lap siding line delivers the best-selling siding product in North America. Across the U.S. James Hardie’s lap siding solution protects and enhances more homes than any other brand.
This traditionally elegant, timeless, sleek siding style is available in several looks and styles, to suit any home.
- HardiePlank Lap Siding in Select Cedarmill: Natural cedar look mimics real wood
- HardiePlank Lap Siding in Smooth: Simple, sleek, and modern, Smooth siding can be paired with your dream color choice, or be primed for painting at a later time
- HardiePlank Lap Siding in Beaded Cedarmill: The classic coastal feel, elegant and a little rustic for a charming, natural style (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
- HardiePlank Lap Siding in Beaded Smooth: Smooth, modern, with a contemporary edge. Beaded Smooth siding gives new builds character, and lends contemporary flair to older upgrades (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
- HardiePlank Lap Siding in Colonial Roughsawn: a contemporary take on old-world Dutch lap siding, this is a strong choice for purists and those trying to emulate a classic style (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
- HardiePlank Lap Siding in Colonial Smooth: a safe, solid bet for homeowners wanting to stay true to their roots—or their home’s roots—but still craving a contemporary, streamlined look for their home (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
HardiePanel Vertical Siding
James Hardie’s vertical siding offering delivers ultimate visual impact in a sleek, uniform package. Siding your home with a combination of HardiePanel vertical siding and HardiePlank lap siding is a contemporary home designer’s dream—and it’s well within reach.
This modern vertical siding product is available in four key looks, so there’s something to appeal to every fan of the vertical siding movement.
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding in Select Cedarmill
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding in Smooth: sleek, modern, contemporary siding that demands a statement-making color palette.
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding in Stucco: James Hardie delivers the perfect combination of stucco style and fibre cement superiority. This warm, inviting look conjures the memories and texture of a classic era (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding in Sierra 8: A cool solution for adding linear detail and dimension without jarring contours or over-the-top fuss (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
Shingles are almost always associated with the traditional Cape Cod home—but this quirky style can look equally striking on any style of home. James Hardie’s single siding options offer all the character and appeal of cedar shake, but with a more durable, lower maintenance material.
With several shingle siding options to choose from, any homeowner wanting to stand out from the crowd can do exactly that.
- HardieShingle Siding in Straight Edge Panel: This shingle style delivers clean lines to soften contemporary homes. They can also add a touch of class to a rustic home, or recreate the elegant, shabby-chic image of a Cape Cod.
- HardieShingle Siding in Staggered Edge Panel: Versatile and laid-back, staggered edge panels are a phenomenal choice for cottages, ranches, and chalets (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
- HardieShingle Siding in Individual 7” Shingles or Half-Rounds: Individual shingles and half rounds allow you to create your own look, and really set your home apart from the rest. Half-rounds craft a quirky, quaint scalloped-edge look, and individual shingles give you the ultimate control over your home’s aesthetic (by custom order only—primed for painting at a later time).
The Aspyre Collection: Artisan
Part of James Hardie’s ultra-premium Aspyre Collection, Artisan delivers elegant siding with a 5/8-inch thickness and the freedom to miter corners. When streamlined styling and total attention to detail are key to executing the right look for your home, count on the Artisan line.
- Artisan V-Groove: the style of classic wood v-groove siding, with the premium performance of fibre cement.
- Artisan Shiplap: Distinct, clean lines to replicate cedar, but with the extreme durability of fibre cement.
- Artisan Lap Siding: Thick, robust fibre cement lap siding to take the traditional wood siding aesthetic to the next level.
- Artisan Square Channel: Precise, clean cuts to complement any style.
- Artisan Bevel Channel Siding: Deliver the next-level accent to your home with bevelled channels for chiselled, accentuated lines.
- Artisan Beaded Lap: Easily replicate a coastal style with more resilience, durability, and aesthetic prowess.
The Aspyre Collection: Reveal
James Hardie’s fully customizable Reveal siding system gives homeowners the opportunity to craft ultra-modern home exteriors with thick, 7/16-inch panelling.
- Reveal Panel with Recess Trim: contemporary good looks, clean lines, and a seamless façade thanks to the Reveal line’s hidden trim and discrete panels.
- Reveal Panel with Surround Trim: dramatic and bold, this style lends itself to the modern industrial / loft look. Indulge in strong geometric lines and raised trim for contrast against the smooth Reveal panels.
James Hardie’s Signature Material: Fibre Cement
James Hardie’s fibre cement technology was developed by the company nearly 40 years ago. Initially catching Hardie’s eye for its beauty and durability, the company have built on that foundation to create something else entirely.
- Resistant to fire
- Resistant to moisture damage and rotting
- Resistant to pest damage
- Does not warp, twist, sag, or crack
What is Fibre Cement Made Of?
- Cellulose fibre
- Portland cement
Additional products or additives can be included in the manufacturing process, to deliver certain characteristics to the finished product.
Where Can You Use Fibre Cement?
Fibre cement can be used in residential and commercial buildings, and across the construction industry for:
- Structural flooring
- Internal lining of ceilings, walls, and flooring
- Wet area lining
- Firewalls and acoustic walls
- Bracing and structural solutions
James Hardie Customization
Thanks to James Hardie, homeowners have the freedom to craft their home any way they wish. Your only limit really is your imagination, thanks to James Hardie’s proprietary ColorPlus technology.
ColorPlus technology delivers a premium siding product—primed, painted, and set for absolute durability. This ain’t no ordinary paint job:
- Ultra-durable color finish: ColorPlus proprietary finish eliminates debris, ensures maximum adhesion, and delivers a low-maintenance color solution
- Baked-in bond: In between each coat, the finish is cured to create a bond that is resistant to cracks, peeling, and chipping.
- UV-Resistant: ColorPlus technology is fade-resistant—putting all James Hardie siding solutions miles ahead of vinyl and standard exterior paint.
So in a nutshell: ColorPlus keeps your home looking vibrant for longer.
As if that isn’t enough, the ColorPlus Technology finish comes with an industry-leading 15-year warranty. The limited warranty covers homeowners against peeling, chipping, or cracking paint caused by malfunctions in either the paint—or in the way it was applied. There’s never been a safer time to ColorPlus your home.
The developers at James Hardie know how daunting it can be to pick out your exterior color—from thousands of potential swatches. This is why their home styling experts have done the hard work for you. James Hardie offers a curated color palette specifically tailored to the exterior of your home, and to ensuring every James Hardie buyer gets a color result they can be proud of.
If you’re concerned about second guessing yourself, consult James Hardie’s Statement Collection or Dream Collection palettes and find the perfect look for your greatest asset.